Defending an Unfair Dismissal Claim
Unfair dismissal claims are incredibly common and can have a significant impact on a business. This course provides practical guidance for how to successfully defend an unfair dismissal claim.
Unfair dismissal claims are the most common type of claim brought by an employee against an employer. The overall costs to employers for these claims can be substantial – legal costs, business disruption, and reputational damage – in addition to any compensation order made. This means it is extremely important that any unfair dismissal claim is dealt with quickly and decisively to best protect an employer’s interests and avoid these significant costs.
This course provides practical guidance on how to successfully defend an unfair dismissal claim. It discusses:
- what unfair dismissal is (and what it is not);
- managing the legal and procedural aspects of applications;
- dealing with arguments based on the merits and jurisdiction;
- navigating conciliation conferences and hearings; and
- preventative steps which employers should take to avoid unfair dismissal claims.
The course also discusses a number of recent cases to provide practical illustrations of the issues, as well as potential pitfalls to avoid when advising clients.
Need more than one CPD point? Save 20% when you purchase this course as part of our One-Click CPD Compliance Packs!