Social Media as Evidence
Social media is transforming the evidentiary landscape. Social media evidence is being increasingly utilised in many different types of legal disputes including family law, migration law, employment law, criminal law and civil litigation. This means it is essential for all lawyers to understand the fundamentals of this rapidly developing area of law.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the topic, including:
- What social media evidence is and how it is used;
- Rules for discovery of electronic evidence, including social media evidence;
- Lawyers’ obligations when advising clients with respect to social media evidence;
- When social media evidence will be discoverable in civil proceedings; and
- When social media evidence will be admissible as identification evidence in criminal proceedings.
The course uses a number of practical case studies to explore in depth how social media evidence has been utilised in a range of different legal proceedings.
Need more than one CPD point? Save 20% when you purchase this course as part of our One-Click CPD Compliance Packs!
|Competency Type||Practice Management and Business Skills|
|Features||Interactive Content, Self-Paced Completion, Access on Any Device, Receive Certificate of Completion|
|Author 1||Dr. Allison Stanfield|