Lawyers, Technology and Innovation
Practice Management and Business Skills
CPD Points 1
This course will help you cut through the hype and focus your thinking around the use of technology in the law – enabling you to apply only what really works for you and your clients.
We will explore how technology and innovation are re-shaping the legal profession, and how lawyers can engage with this in a way that results in tangible, positive benefits to their practice and clients. We will discuss a range of topics, including:
- what innovation is (and is not) and how it can help lawyers and law firms;
- the economic, demographic and cultural trends re-shaping the legal profession;
- practical examples of the types of technologies being used by lawyers, non-lawyers and the courts to help improve legal service delivery;
- lawyers’ professional obligations around their knowledge and use of technology in legal practice; and
- potential barriers to change and how to address these.
The course will demonstrate how innovation and technology, when properly employed, can help law firms to build a competitive advantage, retain talent, and ensure they will continue to flourish in decades to come.
Mitch Kowalski is a globally-recognized thought leader on the changing legal services ecosystem and the author of two critically acclaimed books in this area.
What Lawyers Say
5.0/5An excellent presentation. Engaging and interesting. Thank you.Excellent presentation. Engaging and interesting.
Practice Management and Business SkillsPerformance Matters: Criticism
Author Video Arts
CPD Points 1.5Rating:4.0/5
COVERS ALL CORE COMPETENCIESOne-Click CPD Compliance for Commercial Lawyers (10 Points)
CPD Points 10
Professional SkillsPersuasion in Negotiation and Mediation
Author John Wade
CPD Points 1Rating:4.0/5
COVERS ALL CORE COMPETENCIESOne-Click CPD Compliance for All Lawyers (10 Points)
CPD Points 10