Working with Chinese Clients
CPD Points 1
This course will equip you to effectively engage with prospective and current Chinese clients in Australia, and to advise your Australian clients who wish to do business in China.
There are a growing number of Chinese migrants and investors in Australia. If you or your firm need to engage with this audience, it is important to familiarize yourself with the cultural and language differences which will impact on the way you engage with Chinese clients.
This course covers a range of topics which will equip you to effectively engage with both prospective and current Chinese clients, including:
- culturally appropriate communication and relationship management;
- working successfully with local conduits and clients who are not based in Australia;
- managing procedural litigation requirements such as affidavits, discovery, and giving evidence; and
- working with interpreters and translators in preparation for and during proceedings.
The course also provides guidance on advising Australian clients who wish to do business in China, covering topics including:
- advising Australian clients considering setting up a company in China;
- considerations when drafting contracts with Chinese parties;
- engaging Chinese lawyers and law firms; and
- enforcement of Chinese judgments in Australia, including recent case law.