Drafting Affidavits in the Family Court
CPD Points 1.5
The writing of an affidavit is a science as well as an art. It is your client’s best opportunity to put the facts before the Court which support your client’s case, in the most compelling way possible.
The Family Court relies on affidavits to set out the evidence of the parties and their witnesses in both interim and final hearings. This course explores the different factors you should consider when drafting an affidavit for interim proceedings or final orders in the Family Court, including:
- proofing your client and other witnesses;
- examining the relevant Court Rules and Practice Directions regarding affidavits;
- avoiding common evidentiary errors when drafting affidavits;
- tips for presenting your client’s case in the most persuasive and compelling way possible.
The course covers drafting affidavits for family law proceedings in the Family Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Family Court of Western Australia, noting specific differences between these jurisdictions. It is designed to provide a practical overview of the topic which will be particularly helpful to junior practitioners, but will also provide a valuable refresher for more experienced practitioners.
Need more than one CPD point? Save 20% when you purchase this course as part of our One-Click CPD Compliance Packs!
Penelope Giles SC
Penelope Giles is an experienced trial lawyer, having worked as a solicitor in private practice for 11 years then full time at the independent bar for over 20 years.
What Lawyers Say
5.0/5Clear and very informativeA terrific unit which was clear, concise and full of information about a very important topic. Top marks to the presenter.
- Glenn Atkinson, Director, Atkinson Family LawyersGlenn Atkinson, Director, Atkinson Family LawyersDrafting Affidavits in the Family Court The writing of an affidavit is a science as well as an art. It is your client’s best opportunity to put the facts before the Court which support your client’s case, in the most compelling way possible.LawCPD
COVERS ALL CORE COMPETENCIESOne-Click CPD Compliance for All Lawyers (5 Points)
CPD Points 5
COVERS ALL CORE COMPETENCIESOne-Click CPD Compliance for All Lawyers (10 Points)
CPD Points 10
Practice Management and Business SkillsPerformance Matters: Praise
Author Video Arts
CPD Points 1.5Rating:4.0/5
Ethics and Professional ResponsibilityJudicial Stress and Judicial Bullying
Author The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG
CPD Points 1
Professional SkillsExamination in Chief
Author Judge Toni Lucev
CPD Points 1Rating:4.5/5
COVERS ALL CORE COMPETENCIESOne-Click CPD Compliance for Remote Lawyers (5 Points)
CPD Points 5